Saturday, December 6, 2008

Joke of Raya Haji !

Raya Haji is coming again .. and dis time i won't be fooled by my hubby naweer again. Hahaha. ..

Let me tell u a story, last year was my 1st raya haji celebration. I celebrate at Klang with my hubby family. On the way back to his hometown, i ask my hubby about the dishes that his mother will cook for the Raya Haji normally, is it gonna be the same like Raya Aidilfitri ??! So my hubby said it's the same with lemang, ketupat and nasi impit. But then my hubby mentioned about Lontong which i never heard before. And i start asking how is it and how is look like and how does it taste, coz i really dunno what it is. And then my hubby start to describe it by telling the story about Raya Haji always have the ibadah Korban where all the Muslims sacrifices the cows or the goats. So my hubby tell me that the lontong usually made by the scarified cow's head cooked well done and served in the silver platter with onion rings on the cow's horns and with salads around the head and lastly with tomato insides the cow's big jaw. And i as a fool totally believes my hubby and curiously expected the dishes to be served first thing in the morning. When i reach home, i ask the mother what will she cook for tomorrow. My hubby 's mother mention about lontong among all other dishes. And it make me more excited to see how la they eat the cow's head. Finally the times arrive, on the next day 1st things in the morning. When i come down to see the dishes for the morning. I was looking for the cow's head as my hubby describe. By then after searching and searching and searching, there was no cow's head to be found anywhere. And then i ask the mother, where is the lontong. Then the mother showed me the nasi impit with the kuah lemak full of various vegetables is the longtong that i been searching for... that's how i kena tipu from my hubby and dis is the big joke he bring around to everybody...

For those we are reading dis blog now, i know you're laughing at me too ryte ..?!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL *sorry* ur hubby got keturunan jawa izzit? I hope he told u there is 2 types of lontong - lontong with lodeh & lontong kuah putih. If u dunno which is which, I'll cook them one day & bring for u ok..