Wednesday, April 1, 2009

< Seven Pounds >

Now I have to say I was very skeptical about even trying to watch this movie in the first place, many times when a movie trailer is too cryptic the movie ends up bombing, lol. However, I figured Will Smith is at the height of his career so I highly doubt he’d choose to be in a project that would add a blemish to his filmography.
The movie takes awhile to get into but with the impeccable acting and perfectly crafted suspense you don’t realize that you’re 30 minutes in and still have no clue what the heck is going on, lol. Even with that said the plot keeps you mesmerized and in your gut you want to know where this is heading. Seven Pounds is an elliptical story of how one man is able to change the lives of 7 people who are all interconnected in one way.
I think this movie requires a patience and depth from the watcher…but if you take the time to sit down and take it all in and let the plot go wherever it may lead then you’re in for a treat and a lesson learned. Although there are a few loose ends I based this grade on the lesson and acting.


I was left in tears because of the bittersweet actions of the illusive Ben Thomas, but it makes you appreciate life, loved ones, and helping others.

Will Smith’s acting was up to par as always and Rosario Dawson did a wonderful job!!!

0 comments: